This authentic Thai pineapple fried rice is the perfect combination between savoury and sweet. From the succulent prawns, the fragrant curry powder, the raisins, the cashew nuts, to the juicy sweet pineapple - this dish is bursting with flavour.
You can serve this dish in a beautifully crafted pineapple bowl for a fun presentation.
Allergens: Mollusc, Soy, Wheat, Gluten.
For a vegan option: exclude or omit egg, protein, oyster sauce, and substitute with alternatives.
Serves: 1 person
What you will need:
Oyster sauce: 2 teaspoons
Soya sauce: 2 teaspoons
Curry powder: ½ teaspoon
Sugar: 2 teaspoons
Ground white pepper: a pinch
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Uncooked Jasmine Rice: 60 grams
Prawns: 70 grams
Pineapple chunks: 50 grams
Carrot: 20 grams
Onion: 20 grams
Tomato: 20 grams
Frozen peas: 10 grams
Frozen sweet corns: 10 grams
Cashew nuts: 10 grams
How to cook:
00. Wash all fresh produce.
01. Cook jasmine rice per packaging instruction and leave it to cool down for 15 minutes.
02. Peel and devein prawns before cooking.
03. Peel and cut carrots into fine dice. Cut broccoli into small florets. Cut up the tomato into small dice. Cut lime into wedges and set everything aside.
04. In a large pan/wok over high heat, pour in a small amount of cooking oil. Then add prawns
Into the pan, make sure to cook on both sides. Crack 1 egg and put it into the mixture and scramble the egg.
05. Add all vegetables except pineapple chunks and cook everything together.
06. Put in cooked Jasmine rice, pineapple, raisins and cashew nuts then add 1 teaspoon of Oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons of Soya sauce, a pinch of ground white pepper, 1 teaspoon of Sugar and ½ teaspoon of Curry powder. Mix in together so that everything is coated evenly.
07. Enjoy with freshly squeezed lime juice right before serving!