Are you looking for a simple and easy to replicate recipe? Then this is Little Elephant tom Kha chicken soup recipe is perfect for you!
Tom kha chicken, also known as ‘’tom kha gai’’, is one of the staple traditional dishes in Thai cuisine and is a favourite worldwide. It is a creamy, hot, sour, and spicy soup made with coconut milk. It is the perfect comfort food dish and has additional benefits, such as easing congestion and stimulating your taste buds, making it a great soup for when you have a cold! It is rich, aromatic, and bursting with flavour. A great low carb soup!
What you will need:
Chicken Breast: 200g
Kaffir Lime Leaves: 3g
Small Shallot: 1 Piece
Coriander (finely chopped)
Spring onions (finely sliced)
Red chilli: 2 Pieces (cut into halves)
A Pinch of Salt
Lime juice: 2 Tablespoons
Thai Fish Sauce: 2 Teaspoons
Thai Coconut Milk: 200g
How to cook:
1. In a pot, boil 250mg of water.
2. Add all of the fresh herbs into the pot and let them boil for a few minutes.
3. Add a pinch of salt, the chicken, and coconut milk. Stir everything.
4. Add in the tomatoes and mushrooms.
5. Add the chilli, 2 teaspoons of Thai fish sauce, and mix everything.
6. Bring the soup to a boil, and then let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through.
7. Lastly, add 2 teaspoons of lime juice (add lime juice last, so the soup does not become bitter).
Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander and spring onions on top.
Here you have your own freshly made tom kha chicken soup from the comfort of your own home.